Oral Health Care During Pregnancy and Early Childhood Practice Guidelines
- Oral Health Care During Pregnancy and Early Childhood Practice Guidelines (PDF, 1.9MB, 68pg.)
- The program, Oral Health Care During Pregnancy and Early Childhood, is now available online. This broadcast originally aired on 11/01/2007.
- Consultation Form for Pregnant Women to Receive Oral Health Care (DOC, 22KB, 1pg.)
- Versions for Palm OS, Pocket PC 2002, and Windows Mobile 2003
To improve the oral health of pregnant women and young children, the New York State Department of Health convened an expert panel to develop recommendations for assisting health care professionals. These recommendations can be used by:
- prenatal care providers to integrate oral health risk assessment and referral into routine prenatal care;
- oral health care professionals to provide appropriate treatment for pregnant women and young children; and
- child health professionals to include oral health risk assessment as part of well-child care and to provide referral.
Supported by the Maternal and Child Health Services Block Grant, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Oral Health Collaborative Agreement 03022 and Health Resources and Services Administration Grants (Public Dental Health Residency and Oral Health Collaborative Systems).