Information for Processors

Persons processing cannabinoid hemp or hemp extract used for human consumption, whether in intermediate or final form, are required to obtain a cannabinoid hemp processor license from the Department. This includes both processors who extract hemp extract from the raw hemp plant and those who purchase hemp extract in intermediary form to manufacture and/or formulate finished products.

The Department has issued proposed regulations to implement this program and will be sharing more information as it becomes available.