Medicaid Satisfaction Survey Report - February 2017
Consumer Satisfaction Survey of Children Enrolled in Medicaid Managed Care and Child Health Plus Health Plans
As part of Department's reporting requirements for the Child Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act (CHIPRA), the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) sponsors a satisfaction survey every other year for children enrolled in Medicaid and Child Health Plus managed care plans. The Department uses the results from this biannual survey to determine variation in member satisfaction among the plans.
The Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®) Children with Chronic Conditions (CCC) survey is a comprehensive tool designed to assess consumers' experience with health care and health plans. CAHPS® CCC is a nationally used survey instrument that asks parents/caretakers of child health plan members about experiences with access to care, health care providers and health plans. The CCC component of the questionnaire is a supplement to the CAHPS® Child Medicaid survey which includes questions about specific services and aspects of care important for children with chronic health conditions. DataStat, Inc. conducted the survey on behalf of the NYSDOH using the CAHPS® CCC 5.0 Child Medicaid CCC survey. A copy of the modified CAHPS® CCC questionnaire can be found in Appendix A of the reports.
The results in the February 2017 reports indicate continuing high levels of satisfaction with providers and plans. There is a statewide summary report for Medicaid and Child Health Plus Managed Care plans and there are fifteen plan specific reports.
Children Enrolled in Medicaid Managed Care and Child Health Plus Health Plans Survey - CAHPS® - February 2017
- Statewide Plan Survey Results (PDF, 2.29MB, 119pg.)
- Affinity Health Plan (PDF, 1.46MB, 103pg.)
- CDPHP (PDF, 1.52MB, 103pg.)
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (PDF, 1.52MB, 103pg.)
- Fidelis Care New York (PDF, 1.52MB, 103pg.)
- Health Plus (Amerigroup) (PDF, 1.54MB, 103pg.)
- Healthfirst PHSP (PDF, 1.52MB, 103pg.)
- HealthNow New York (PDF, 1.52MB, 103pg.)
- HIP (PDF, 1.49MB, 103pg.)
- Independent Health's MediSource (PDF, 1.54MB, 103pg.)
- MetroPlus Health Plan (PDF,1.52MB, 103pg.)
- MVP (PDF, 1.50MB, 103pg.)
- Total Care (PDF, 1.56MB, 103pg.)
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan (PDF, 1.52MB, 103pg.)
- WellCare of New York (PDF, 1.51MB, 103pg.)
- YourCare Health Plan (PDF, 1.49MB, 103pg.)