Peter T. Rowley Breast Cancer Scientific Research Projects (Round 7)
Request for Applications #18683
Grants Gateway ID: DOH01-ROWLY7-2023
New York State Department of Health
New York State Health Research Science Board
Schedule of Events
|Letter of Interest/Intent Due:
|Applicant Conference Registration Deadline:
||09/09/2021 at 10:00 AM EST
|Questions, Answers and
Updates Posted: (on or about):
||10/26/2021 by 4:00 PM|
NYSDOH Contact Name & Address
Extramural Grants Administration
New York State Department of Health
Empire State Plaza, Room C345
Albany, NY 12237
(518) 474-7002 (phone)
Staff will be available at the phone number and email address above to answer questions about the RFA during regular business hours and up to 4PM on the application due date.
To learn more about this opportunity, please go to the NYS Grants Gateway at the following web address:
Applications must be submitted online via the Grants Gateway by the date and time posted on the cover of this RFA. Reference materials and videos are available for Grantees applying to funding opportunities on the NYS Grants Gateway. Please visit the Grants Management website at the following web address: https://grantsmanagement.ny.gov/ and select the “Apply for a Grant” from the Apply & Manage menu.. There is also a more detailed “Grants Gateway: Vendor User Guide” available in the documents section under Training & Guidance; For Grant Applicants on this page as well. Training webinars are also provided by the Grants Gateway Team. Dates and times for webinar instruction can be located at the following web address: https://grantsmanagement.ny.gov/live-webinars.
To apply for this opportunity:
- Log into the Grants Gateway as either a "Grantee" or "Grantee Contract Signatory".
- On the Grants Gateway home page, click the "View Opportunities" button.
- Use the search fields to locate an opportunity; search by State agency (DOH) or enter the Grant Opportunity name
- Click on “Search” button to initiate the search.
- Click on the name of the Grant Opportunity from the search results grid and then select the “APPLY FOR GRANT OPPORTUNITY” button located bottom left of the Main page of the Grant Opportunity.
Once the application is complete, prospective grantees are strongly encouraged to submit their applications at least 48 hours prior to the due date and time. This will allow sufficient opportunity for the applicant to obtain assistance and take corrective action should there be a technical issue with the submission process. Both DOH and Grants Management staff are available to answer applicant’s technical questions and provide technical assistance prior to the application due date and time. Contact information for the Grants Management Team is available under Section IV. B. of this RFA.
PLEASE NOTE: Although DOH and the Grants Management staff will do their best to address concerns that are identified less than 48 hours prior to the due date and time, there is no guarantee that they will be resolved in time for the application to be submitted and, therefore, considered for funding.
The Grants Gateway will always notify applicants of successful submission. If a prospective grantee does not get a successful submission message assigning their application a unique ID number, it has not successfully submitted an application. During the application process, please pay particular attention to the following:
- Not-for-profit applicants must be prequalified on the due date for this application submission. Be sure to maintain prequalification status between funding opportunities. Three of a not-for-profit’s essential financial documents - the IRS990, Financial Statement and Charities Bureau filing - expire on an annual basis. If these documents are allowed to expire, the not-for-profit’s prequalification status expires as well, and it will not be eligible for State grant funding until its documentation is updated and approved, and prequalified status is reinstated.
- Only individuals with the roles “Grantee Contract Signatory” or “Grantee System Administrator” can submit an application.
- Prior to submission, the system will automatically initiate a global error checking process to protect against incomplete applications. An applicant may need to attend to certain parts of the application prior to being able to submit the application successfully. You can also run the global error check at any time in the application process. (see p.68 of the Grants Gateway: Vendor User Guide).
- Grantees should use numbers, letters and underscores when naming their uploaded files. There cannot be any special characters in the uploaded file name. Also, be aware of the restriction on file size (10 MB) when uploading documents.
The following table will provide a snapshot of which roles are allowed to Initiate, Complete, and Submit the Grant Application(s) in the Grants Gateway.
|Role||Create and Maintain User Roles||Initiate Application||Complete Application||Submit Application||Only View the Application|
|Grantee Contract Signatory||X||X||X|
|Grantee Payment Signatory||X||X|
|Grantee System Administrator||X||X||X|
|Grantee View Only||X|