WIC Food Packages
WIC provides foods high in nutrients (calcium, vitamin D, vitamin C, and protein) that are important for mothers and young children. WIC's goal is to ensure the health of participants and families by providing healthy foods and supporting breastfeeding. The monthly WIC Food Package provides participants with the following:
Women and Children
- Low fat (1%) or nonfat (skim) milk for women and children two years of age or older
- Whole milk and whole milk yogurt option for children one to two years of age
- Low fat cheese, plain yogurt, evaporated milk, evaporated goat’s milk, or dry milk as milk substitutions
- Soy beverage and tofu as milk alternatives
- Dry beans, canned beans or peanut butter options
- Whole wheat bread or other whole grain options (whole wheat tortillas, brown rice, whole wheat pasta) for children and some women
- Cash value voucher for fresh, frozen or canned vegetables and fruits
- Women receive $10.00-$15.00 voucher depending on breastfeeding status
- Children receive $8.00 voucher
- Whole grain cereals
- 100% unsweetened fruit juice
- Canned fish for women based upon mother’s breastfeeding status
- Jarred baby vegetables and fruits for infants six months up through less than twelve months of age
- Jarred baby meats for infants six months up through less than twelve months of age depending on the infant’s breastfeeding status
- Infant cereal for infants six months up through less than twelve months of age
- Fresh banana option for infants six months up through less than twelve months of age
- Cash value voucher option for fresh vegetables and fruits for infants nine months up through less than twelve months of age
- Infant formula based upon the mother’s breastfeeding assessment and infant’s breastfeeding status
Organic, lactose free, and kosher products are available for some food items.
Modified food packages are available for participants with medical documentation from their health care provider.
Additional information about the WIC food packages is available at the United States Department of Agriculture WIC website and below under General WIC Program Information.