Medicaid Redesign Team Members
Newly appointed members:
- Joseph W. Belluck, Founding Partner, Belluck & Fox, LLP
- Courtney E. Burke, Commissioner, Office for People with Developmental Disabilities;
- William Ebenstein, Ph.D., University Dean for Health and Human Services, City University of New York;
- Tina Gerardi, MS, RN, CAE, CEO of the New York State Nurses Association;
- Robert J. Hughes, MD, President-Elect of the Medical Society of the State of New York;
- Wade Norwood, Director of Community Engagement for the Finger Lakes Health Systems Agency;
- Chandler Ralph, FACHE, President & CEO of Adirondack Medical Center; and
- Harvey Rosenthal, Executive Director, NY Association of Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services
- Co-chair: Michael Dowling, President and CEO of North Shore LIJ Health system.
- Co-chair: Dennis Rivera is the former Chair of SEIU Healthcare and is currently the Senior Advisor to the International President of SEIU.
- Kenneth E. Raske is the President of the Greater New York Hospital Association.
- George Gresham is the President of 1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East.
- Dan Sisto is the President of the Healthcare Association of New York State.
- Frank Branchini is the President and COO of EmblemHealth.
- Eli Feldman is the President and CEO of the Metropolitan Jewish Health System as well as the Chairman of the Continuing Care Leadership Coalition.
- Carol Raphael is the President and CEO of the Visiting Nurse Service of New York.
- Linda Gibbs is the Deputy Mayor of New York City for Health and Human Services.
- Ed Matthews is the CEO of the United Cerebral Palsy of New York City as well as the President of the Interagency Council.
- Dr. Nirav Shah is the Commissioner of Health.
- Mike Hogan is the Commissioner for the Office of Mental Health.
- James Introne is the Deputy Secretary for Health and the Director of Healthcare Redesign.
- Arlene Gonzalez-Sanchez is the Commissioner of the Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services.
- Lara Kassel is a Coordinator at Medicaid Matters New York.
- Stephen J. Acquario serves as the Executive Director of the New York State Association of Counties.
- Ann F. Monroe is the President of the Community Health Foundation of Western and Central New York.
- Steve Berger is the former Chairman for the Commission on Health Care Facilities in the 21st Century and a board member for the Partnership for New York City.
- Dr. William Streck is the Chair of the New York State Public Health and Health Planning Council.
- Elizabeth Swain is the CEO of the Community Health Care Association of New York State.
- Senator Kemp Hannon serves as the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Health.
- Senator Tom Duane is the former Chairman of the Senate Committee on Health, 2009-2010.
- Assemblyman Richard N. Gottfried serves as the Chairman of the Assembly Committee on Health.
- Assemblyman Joe Giglio of the 149th Assembly District currently sits on the Medicaid Waste, Fraud and Abuse Task Force.
New York State Medicaid Director Jason Helgerson serves as the Team's executive director and the state Budget Director serves as a non-voting member.