Single Source Procurement: Clinical Education Initiative (CEI)
Pursuant to New York State Finance Law § 163.10(b), The New York State Department of Health is presenting the following summary of relevant circumstances, and material and substantial reasons why a competitive procurement was not feasible.
The New York State Department of Health, AIDS Institute's Clinical Education Initiative (CEI) has met the educational needs of community providers caring for patients with HIV and AIDS for more than 20 years and has become a vital part of the educational landscape for clinicians in New York State and beyond. The New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) AIDS Institute Clinical Education Initiative (CEI) is designed to meet the educational needs of providers throughout New York State by:
- Offering clinically relevant, up-to-date education and training on current topics associated with HIV
- Connecting providers to HIV educational opportunities throughout New York State
- Assisting HIV programs in developing a training plan for their faculty and staff
- Keeping providers connected to the latest clinical guidelines and public health initiatives
- Collaborating with other educational organizations to reach providers across New York State more effectively
- Provisioning a 24/7 hotline service for Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) following an exposure
Contractors were awarded contract(s) as a result of the competitive procurement process. This is a 6 month extension of the contract(s) under the same terms, conditions, and pricing authorized under the existing contract(s). The single source extension period will allow for the continuation of critical services pending outcome of a new competitive procurement to obtain these services. This will avoid a gap in meeting the critical educational needs of providers throughout New York State without interruption of services, this request is to continue contracts with currently funded providers until newly selected providers can begin to deliver services.
|Procurement / Program Name||Clinical Education Initiative (CEI)|
|Contractor Name(s)||Multiple - See attached|
|Contract Period||6 Month Extension (1/1/2014 – 6/30/2014)|
|Contract Number(s)||Multiple - See attached|