Concerns/Problems/Complaints About Your Hospital Care

If you have a concern, problem or complaint related to any aspect of care during your hospital stay, speak to your doctor, nurse or hospital staff member. If the problem cannot be resolved by hospital staff, you may contact the New York State Department of Health by mail or by phone.

You may call the toll-free number at 1-800-804-5447, complete the Health Facility Complaint Form or you may file a complaint in writing and send it to:

  • New York State Department of Health
    Centralized Hospital Intake Program
    Mailstop: CA/DCS
    Empire State Plaza
    Albany, NY 12237