New York State Pesticide Poisoning Registry: Pest Control
A pest is a plant, animal, or microorganism that is unwanted or undesirable. Pests may:
- injure humans or animals;
- destroy crops;
- damage structures;
- spread or cause disease;
- interfere with activities by causing annoyance or discomfort.
There are many different strategies for controlling pests. Below are some strategies for controlling pests in and around your home.
- Integrated Pest Management
- The Landlord and Tenant Guide to Pest Management
- Seven Principles of Healthy Homes
- Controlling the Rat - A Community Effort
- Get Rid of Cockroaches
- Mouse Control
- Do Mosquitoes Love Your Home and Yard?
- Bed Bugs - What They Are and How to Control Them