Endicott Area Investigations - Public Health Response Plan
Draft Public Health Response Plan to Prioritize and Evaluate the Public Health Impact of Environmental Contamination in the Village of Endicott, Broome County, New York
January 24, 2006
"Draft Public Health Response Plan to Prioritize and Evaluate the Public Health Impact of Environmental Contamination in the Village of Endicott, Broome County, New York" is available in Portable Document Format (PDF, 502KB, 41pg.).
The New York State Department of Health,
the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, and
the Broome County Health Department
PHRP Release History
January 24, 2006 (current)
June 8, 2004
January 5, 2004 (initial)
Table of Contents
- The Public Health Response Plan (PHRP)
- Community Concerns
- Overview of Environmental Contamination and Human Exposures
- Status of On-Going Actions
4.1 IBM Endicott Site - Groundwater Corrective Action Program
4.2 Area-wide Investigation
4.3 Other Identified Site Investigations
4.4 Current Outdoor (Ambient) Air Investigations
4.5 Data Review: Historic Outdoor Air Emissions in Endicott
4.6 Health Statistics Review: Cancer and Birth Outcome Analyses
4.7 Health Consultation: Exposures to Low-level VOCs in Public Drinking Water
4.8 Western Broome Environmental Stakeholders Coalition (WBESC)
4.9 Data Review: Evaluating Cancer and Historic Occupational Exposures at the Former IBM Facility in Endicott
4.10 Community Outreach and Education
- Proposed Actions
- Next Steps
- Contact Information
- Document Repository
Appendix A: Glossary
Appendix B: Stakeholder Planning Group (SPG)-The Western Broome Environmental Stakeholders Coalition (WBESC)
- B.1 How the Stakeholder Planning Group was formed
- B.2 Evolution of the SPG into the Western Broome Environmental Stakeholders Coalition
- B.3 The WBESC and the Public Health Response Plan
- B.4 WBESC Members
Appendix C: Overview of Completed Health Studies
- C.1 "Cancer Occurrence by Common Drinking Water Source, Broome County, New York, 1976 - 1980"
- C.2 "Childhood Leukemia in the Town of Union, Broome County, New York 1993-1994"
- C.3 "Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) Evaluation, Endicott Village Wellfield (a.k.a. Ranney Well) site, Broome County, New York"
- C.4 "Cancer Occurrence by Common Drinking Water Source, Broome County, New York, 1981-1990"
- C.5 Health Study: "Leukemia Incidence among Workers in the Boot and Shoe Manufacturing Industry in the Town of Union, Broome County"
Appendix D: Overview of Completed Environmental Investigations
- D.1 IBM Endicott Site - Supplemental Groundwater Assessment (SGA) and Remediation
- D.2 IBM Endicott Site - Groundwater Vapor Project (GVP)
- D.3 IBM Endicott Site - On-site Soil Vapor Intrusion
- D.4 Old Village Dump (OVD) Investigation
Appendix E: Overview of Completed Outreach Activities
Appendix F: Overview of Completed Other Activities