Regulation for Prevention of Influenza Transmission by Healthcare and Residential Facility and Agency Personnel
*As of today, influenza is not prevalent in NYS.
At this time, Section 2.59 of the New York State Sanitary Code (10 NYCRR § 2.59) does not require all health care and residential facilities and agencies regulated pursuant to Article 28, 36, or 40 of the Public Health Law to ensure that all personnel, as defined in the regulation, not vaccinated against influenza for the current influenza season wear a surgical or procedure mask while in areas where patients or residents are typically present.
*This page will be updated when the status changes.
- Prevention of Influenza Transmission by Healthcare and Residential Facility and Agency Personnel (PDF) (Effective Date 11/19/2014)
- DAL: DAL-NH-13-04: Flu Mask Requirements (Effective Date 07/17/2013)
- Frequently Asked Questions (Effective Date: January 2, 2015) (PDF)
- Dear Health Professions School Administrator letter (Effective Date 09/20/2013) (PDF)
Data Collection and Reporting
- Dear Administrator letter regarding the Healthcare Personnel (HCP) Influenza Vaccination Report (PDF) (Effective Date 10/21/2015)
- HCP Influenza Vaccination Report: Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) (Updated 09/10/2015)
- Instructions for the HCP Influenza Vaccination Report (PDF) (Updated 10/21/2015)
- Influenza Vaccine Medical Exemption Statement for Health Care Personnel (PDF)
- Influenza Vaccine Declination Statement for Health Care Personnel (PDF)
- Order form for Influenza Immunization Consent form (PDF)
- Health Care Facility Influenza Immunization Toolkit
- NYSDOH Webinar (Home Care and Hospice): Flu Mask Regulation – September 30, 2013 (Slides only) (PDF)
- NYSDOH webinar (Diagnostic and Treatment Centers): Flu Mask Regulation – October 22, 2013 (archived version)
- Healthcare Personnel Influenza Vaccination Report Training
- Original broadcast date: Tuesday, November 3, 2015
- NYSHFA webinar (Nursing Homes): Flu Mask Regulation – September 4, 2013 (Slides only)
- HANYS/GNYHA webinar (Hospitals): Flu Mask Regulation – August 9, 2013 (archived version)